While we wait for "Shimmer's" pregnancy confirming ultrasound in about 2 weeks and hopefully her puppies May 23rd ... I have 2 sweet 8 week old visitors ... I know, I can hear the comments now ... "Oh ya, how will she ever be able to give them up!"
Well, waiting for my girl "Cinder" to be born and be ready to come "forever" home the end of July, seems like an ETURNITY!!! So these cuties will come stay with us on my work nights off and go back home when I work ... so until they go to their "forever" homes, they will have "potty training", learn the "clicker" business (they've got the adorable "sit" response down pat, but no word has been given to it yet!), have fun being socialized and just enjoy the Golden Embers experience as Spring unfolds ;-) Ooops, gotta get those border fences back out around the tender green shoots in the flower beds ... it was a Lyric fun thing to discover when she was exploring as a pup!
Their first night had a few "potty" successes and only 2 awakenings at 3:30 and 6:30am ... the first load of towels & blankets is in the wash and as I type, they are on their second naptime ... being ever alert to the groans and whirs of my old Sears Kenmore!!!
As I expected, Sutter secluded herself in the bedroom last night and we gradually have done some introductions this morning with very mild "AHHs" for the growls ... I won't push it and will give her plenty of space from the pups, because I know that like with Lyric, she will come around ;-)
Aren't they a pitiful lookin' bunch ... better fun days ahead gang ... promise!
Well that the latest ... we're just a' movin' on and I'm enjoying their puppyhood ;-)
How will you ever give them up??:) They are adorable and it's probably great for Sutter to help train them. I'm guessing one is Dazzle. Is the other one, one you might keep? We have all our fingers and paws crossed here for Shimmer to be pregnant with you Cinder:)
ReplyDelete